The Marauders advanced to Friday’s sectional semifinal with an opening-round win over Richmond. Details for the game are below:
Sectional Semifinal: Mt. Vernon vs Greenfield-Central
Time: 8:00 pm
Doors Open: 7:30PM (We will not be permitted in until they are ready for us. Follow @rhsreddevils on Twitter for updates as to when the doors will open)
Location: Richmond High School
Maximum Capacity: 2800 per game
Tickets: Must be purchased in advance online at Mt. Vernon v. Greenfield-Central Tickets
Live Streaming: www.ihsaatv.org/myteamlive/
Sectional #9 Notes:
- All tickets must be purchased online via the link above.
- Masks are required at all times
- Social distancing is expected. There are 5800 seats in the Tiernan Center…we do not all need to sit in the same section. Please help us out by spreading out. There isn’t a bad seat in the house, so let’s spread out!
- STUDENTS IN ATTENDANCE – We have consulted with the Richmond administration, who has spoken directly with the Wayne County Health Department. Their stance is that we are 50% capacity and are to “do our best” at social distancing. For us, our best is not shoulder to shoulder, regardless of what anyone else does. With that said, we want our students to be able to attend and have fun at a high school event. The classroom stance by the health department is 3′ with masks on to avoid contact tracing, which remains a primary goal of ours. 3′ in the bleachers means 2 empty seats to your left or right, and one empty row in front of and/or behind you. Any student (including non-dressed basketball players who purchase tickets) will be expected to do their absolute best and maintain at least 3′. Students will not be permitted to be shoulder to shoulder and will be required to wear masks properly (over the mouth and nose) at all times. We want to model appropriate behavior and be an example of doing things in accordance with the expectations/guidelines given. MV (staff, students, parents, & community) has done a tremendous job in a very difficult and turbulent time of demonstrating what we can achieve with a unified approach. We appreciate the support from our parents and spectators as we navigate the rules placed before us in relation to COVID-19. The best location for this student section is the end section of the sideline across from the team bench (northwest corner of the gym) as it separates our students from our opponent.
- FANS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE FLOOR BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER THE GAME.
- Conclusion of the game: Spectators are required to exit immediately following the game so that the gym can be prepared for the 2nd game of the night.
- Parking – spectators may park on the east or west sides of the Tiernan Center.
We ask that you please make this a great event by adhering to the protocols listed above. Our administration, coaching staff, and student-athletes appreciate your cooperation!