The Marauders advanced to Saturday’s sectional championship with a big win over Greenfield-Central. Details for the game are below:
Sectional Championship: Mt. Vernon vs Anderson
Time: 7:00 pm
Doors Open: 6:00PM
Location: Richmond High School
Maximum Capacity: 2800 per game
Tickets: Must be purchased in advance online at Mt. Vernon v. Anderson Tickets
Live Streaming: www.ihsaatv.org/myteamlive/
Sectional #9 Notes:
- All tickets must be purchased online via the link above.
- Masks are required at all times
- Social distancing is expected. There are 5800 seats in the Tiernan Center…we do not all need to sit in the same section. Please help us out by spreading out. There isn’t a bad seat in the house, so let’s spread out!
- STUDENTS IN ATTENDANCE –It’s difficult because of the environment, but we are asking for your cooperation in keeping a little distance between each other while still being loud! It was awesome to have a somewhat normal basketball experience Friday night! We have consulted with the Richmond administration, who has spoken directly with the Wayne County Health Department. Their stance is that we are 50% capacity and are to “do our best” at social distancing. For us, our best is not shoulder to shoulder, regardless of what any other school does. With that said, we want our students to be able to attend and have fun at a high school event. The classroom stance by the health department is 3′ with masks on to avoid contact tracing, which remains a primary goal of ours. 3′ in the bleachers means 2 empty seats to your left or right, and one empty row in front of and/or behind you. Any student (including non-dressed basketball players who purchase tickets) will be expected to do their absolute best and maintain at least 3′. Students will not be permitted to be shoulder to shoulder and will be required to wear masks properly (over the mouth and nose) at all times. We want to model appropriate behavior and be an example of doing things in accordance with the expectations/guidelines given. MV (staff, students, parents, & community) has done a tremendous job in a very difficult and turbulent time of demonstrating what we can achieve with a unified approach. We appreciate the support from our parents and spectators as we navigate the rules placed before us in relation to COVID-19. The best location for this student section is the end section of the sideline across from the team bench (southwest corner of the gym) as it separates our students from our opponent. We will be on the opposite end tomorrow night!
- FANS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE FLOOR BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER THE GAME.
- Conclusion of the game: Spectators are to remain off the floor
- Parking – spectators may park on the east or west sides of the Tiernan Center.
We ask that you please make this a great event by adhering to the protocols listed above. Our administration, coaching staff, and student-athletes appreciate your cooperation!